R1657 **Ultra Rapid for Hobart 12m**
- Ultra-Rapid set up procedure:
- Also, check the schedule file:
Ho HOB+0102 Data recorded = 10624.396 GB
- 16:54 UT - Unable to complete Ultra Rapid setup because write permissions to folder in Tsubuku are not granted. (VK)
- 17:00 UT - Experiment started OK. NOTE: No autocorrelation plots because of Ultra Rapid. (VK)
- 17:00 UT - Experiment started OK. (VK)
- 17:00 UT - Power failure affected DBBC and counter gpibs. (VK)
- 17:55 UT - First successful scan is 286-1755. Deficiency of 66 GB. (VK)
- 18:10 UT - Commented out clkoff and maserdelay in midob using pfmed because of gpib errors
- 18:31 UT - Update from Yg with gpib connector fixed. So halting schedule to restart fs to estab. comms.
- 18:46 UT - Schedule restarted. Missed scans 286-1831 and 286-1837a. Total deficiency is ~75 GB
+SUMMARY Qcode % of Total % of Correlated scans scans
5-9 51% 86%
0 7% 12% 4-1,A-H,N 1% 2% Removed 41% -
Transfers of Yarragadee data completed on the 27th of October.
HOBART12 (Hb/d): Ok.
KATH12M (Ke/a): Ok.
YARRA12M (Yg/i): Late start at UT 286-1755, due to power failure.
Problems: Many problems!
HOBART12 has at least 7 small clock breaks, but the software cannot support them all. Breaks are set at 18:15 (+.73 nsec), 06:25 (-.65 nsec), 09:00 (+1.31 nsec), 11:55 (-.52 nsec), and 13:27 (-.58 nsec). And ~85 observations have to be deselected.
ONSALA60 is very noisy and has many zero codes in X-band. The log shows high X-band system temperatures.
NYALES20's cable cal is bi-modal at times and has a large break (~84 nsec), similar to R1655. It is not applied, but this may produce some systematic errors since the cable and phase cal have an elevation dependence.
TSUKUB32 missed the first 7 hrs due to a typhoon.
YARRA12M mised the first hour due to a power failure.
FORTLEZA did not participate; problem with azimuth bearings.
SESHAN25 did not participate; antenna motor problem.
Parameterization comments: None.
Other comments: None.
Observations: 6399 scheduled 3707 correlated (in database) 2796 recoverable (usable) 2604 used Session fit: 39.551 ps
Number of Observations
Scheduled Recoverable* Used % of scheduled obs used HOBART12 941 720 634 67.4% KATH12M 1111 822 770 69.3% YARRA12M 1054 777 738 70.0% --------------- --------- ----------- --------- ------ Station Total** 6399 2796 2604 40.7%
- Recoverable: can be included in the solution.
- * Total includes distinct observations only.
MISSED: Station was scheduled, but it did not observe. NOT CORR: Station was scheduled but not correlated. NOT USED: Usable data was generated for this station, but the analyst rejected it all.