Prepare the schedule file
- To check the experiment code and the included stations, open up a terminal and type
- You can process the schedule files with
schedules $exper $station1 $station2
(same syntax as nobs outputs). This will loop through the list of stations and run
with the appropriate arguments.
- If you have problems with slogit being unable to find/download the schedule files, you may need to do this yourself. Some notes are here
- Once the emacs sessions to the proc files are open, you will need to make sure the right IFs are selected. For most experiments (R1, R4, AUSTRAL, CRF, CRDS, AUG, AUA and RDV) they should be:
YARRAGADEE ifa=1,agc,1 ifb=4,agc,4 ifc=2,agc,2 ifd=2,agc,2 dbbcform=geo HOBART26 ifa=1,agc,2 ifb=4,agc,1 ifc=2,agc,2 ifd=2,agc,2 dbbcform=geo
For some APSG, OHIG, AOV and T2 experiments (which only use a narrow X-band range) they should be:
YARRAGADEE ifa=1,agc,1 ifb=4,agc,1 ifc=2,agc,2 ifd=2,agc,2 dbbcform=geo HOBART26 ifa=1,agc,2 ifb=4,agc,2 ifc=2,agc,2 ifd=2,agc,2 dbbcform=geo
- These are the default IF power levels for the three DBBCs.
Telescope ifa ifb ifc ifd Yarragadee 25000 29000 35000 35000 Hobart26 48000 48000 32500 35000
Setting up the observing windows
- Check that the appropriate software is running on the pcfs, timing, maser, and the DBBC computers.
**Timing PC:** HMI ("UOT 12m Antenna-xxx"), Tac32Plus, and the AneMonitor. **PCFS:** field system **DBBC:**DBBC2 Control DDC v104_2.exe **Maser** H-server, Standard VCH-1005A Manager
The DBBC version may change in/after July 2021 depending on the results of testing
- To set up the log monitoring and start the checklists, please use the following command from an ops8 terminal:
auscope_start.sh r11010 yg
- This will set the logfile name on the pcfs, start streaming to the log to /tmp/$st.log, launch the log monitor and checklist script
- A start checklist will appear, as long as the schedule has not already been loaded. Mid-observation checklists will pop up 2.5 hours after each one is completed. Checklist parameters are explained here.
If thescript fails, you can pipe the logfile to ops8 by opening a terminal (dont close this terminal window) and typing
stream_log yg. Start the Log Monitor from the “AuScope Utilities” menu and open the
/tmp/yg.log to read the file and raise alarms as needed.
Checklists can be launched manually from ops8 with
checklistyg.py for Yarragadee will launch a mid-observation checklist,
checklistyg_start.py a start one)
Configuring the telescope
- Type the following commands, one by one, into operator input on pcfsyg (with the correct experiment codes of course)
proc=r1556yg exper_initi log=r1556yg
- In oprin please type
setupsx iread bread
- Confirm that
DIMinois running on mk5yg, rather than jive5ab using the command
ps -ef | grep DIM
. It not, stop the jive5ab process with
and rstart the program with
. All these commands should be issued as “oper@mk5yg”
- Please make sure you are using the correct module Module Allocation Spreadsheet and contact Yarragadee if this is incorrect. Also confirm that the physical label matches what is return by